KINETIC LAL PLATE READERS
Selection and installation of a kinetic LAL system can be a time-consuming and complicated endeavor. Charles River offers two options of readers and provides extensive technical support during the selection process. The benefits of quantitative results and high test throughput make the decision to go with a kinetic option a popular choice among LAL laboratories.
The Microplate Readers that we offer are compact, multi-use spectrophotometers that provide superior temperature uniformity, excellent optical performance, and a three-year warranty. These readers, manufactured by TecanTM and Bio-Tek®, world leaders in diagnostic equipment, are capable of running kinetic and end-point LAL assays, as well as general applications such as ELISAs. Charles River provides technical support for our plate readers, including on-site annual calibration with a service contract agreement and on-site user training.
Our Endosafe Temperature Logger (ETL) is used to validate temperature uniformity in incubating microplate readers by using a calibration plate equipped with five embedded temperature sensors to provide meaningful temperature distribution, variability, and accuracy. The ETL replaces the cumbersome method of attaching thermocouples to microplate wells.
Additionally, with the ETL, the reader drawer can be closed for more precise readings. Advantages of the ETL are:
- Five embedded temperature sensors measure temperature distribution
- Sensor accuracy to +/- 0.1 °C
- Compliance with 21 CFR Part 11 guidelines
- Multiple interface capabilities, including RS232 and USB
- Effective with Tecan and BioTek plate reader
- The ETL package includes a temperature uniformity microplate, interface connections, software operating manuals, and a certificate of calibration.