Vitek- 2 Compact 30
Compact, automated ID/AST instrument
The compact solution for fast, accurate ID/AST testing with expert confidence
- Space-saving, automated & efficient
- Works with VITEK® 2 PC LIS-compatible software that evolves with microbiology needs
- Reduces hands-on time for enhanced workflow & rapid reporting
- Fully automated , Random access
- Colorimetric technology susceptibility testing
- Microbial identification and phenotype based antibiotic susceptibility testing system giving MIC (Minimum Inhibitory Concentration) for different antibiotics
- Most complete Test Menu:
Complete Gram Positive and Gram Negative menu for ID and AST
ESBL and MRSA
Fungus – 52 species including Candida, Trichosporon, Rhodotorula and Cryptococcus
Specific card for S. pneumoniae
- Perform either ID or AST or both on any sample.
- Rapid Results for 95% of routine bacteria in 6 hours. Other isolates results available within 8 hours. Fungal isolates within 18 hours.
- Minimum Inhibitory Concentration (MIC) Determination: 3 concentration levels for every antibiotic.
- Expertised results provided by New Generation Phenotypic EXPERT system.
2000 listed phenotypes
20,000 MIC distributions
100,000 individual references
- Truly Automated – just 3 easy steps
- Economy of testing – no hidden costs
- Good Laboratory Practices based on System Design – minimal disposables
- Through-put: 30 tests/Day
- Provide ID/AST results in as little as 5 to 8 hours
- The system comprised of a PC, Reader or Incubator
The software must have the following capabilities:
- Workflow management.
- Data storage.
- Test quality control management.
- Test result validation capability and ability to detect antibiotic resistant bacteria.
- The system software gives alert to any unusual resistance mechanism.
- FDA Approved