Remove solvents from your samples
Providing solutions for a wide variety of solvent applications, Thermo Scientific™ SpeedVac™ systems use state-of-the-art centrifugation, vacuum and heat technologies to remove solvents and concentrated samples.
From traditional drying down of DNA preparations in water and methanol, to the more complex and aggressive applications presented by the combinatorial chemistry and drug discovery sectors of the pharmaceutical industry, our centrifugal vacuum concentrator remain a market leader.
Digital Series SpeedVac™ Systems
Model: SPD111V, SPD121P
Conduct basic molecular biology applications and organic chemistry applications with one of two models of Thermo Scientific™ Digital Series SpeedVac™ Systems, which feature digital programming.
- Basic molecular biology applications with increased microplate capacity
- Simple display and programming
- Enhanced evaporation model, organic compatible
- Radient glass cover to accelerate evaporation and reduce drying time
- Vacuum end point mode terminates run when preset vacuum level is reached
- Digital display of vacuum, temperature and time section
Express SC250EXP SpeedVac™ Concentrator System
Custom configure the Thermo Scientific™ Express SC250EXP SpeedVac™ Concentrator System with a choice of vacuum pump and cold-trap depending upon the application to be performed. This system can withstand the rigors of industrial use, harsh solvents, high-throughput and continuous usage.
- Large chamber for handling large quantities and samples
- Modular design
- Standard PTFE chamber and tubing for use with DMSO, Methylene Chloride, TFA and other aggressive organics and acids
- Extra large diameter exhaust port and tubing for rapid drying
Savant™ Explorer SpeedVac™
Withstand the heavy demands of aggressive solvent environments, including DMSO. Thermo Scientific™ Savant™ Explorer SpeedVac™ is a high productivity, compact product with sample integrity control designed for the rigors of aggressive solvents found in drug discovery and oligonucleotide manufacturing and R&D.
- Reduced-length vapor path and 5 liter, -55°C cold trap accelerate cryopumping for rapid solvent evaporation including difficult to remove solvents like DMSO
- Chamber and vapor path designed to handle the most aggressive solvents found in drug discovery, combinatorial chemistry and oligonucleotide preparations
- Hot gas defrost and side drain of the vapor trap saves time with defrost and drain time of 20 minutes or less for a 4 to 5L load
- Optional Explorer Software Suite provides real time data logging and graphing from your PC for optimizing drying times, and GLP, QA and QC documentation
Aggressive Solvents including DMSO, TFA, THF, MeCl2, NH4OH, HCl, NMP, DMF, DCE, Acetonitrile, Chloroform, Hexane, Ethyl Acetate, synthetic oligos.
Savant™ SPD131DDA SpeedVac™ Concentrator
Evaporate strong acids, bases and aggressive organic solvents with the Thermo Scientific™ Savant™ SPD131DDA SpeedVac™ Concentrator. Approved for combinatorial chemistry, this concentrator incorporates a new slim, modular design with digital programming for enhanced usability.
- Adjustable vacuum level to prevent samples from freezing
- Chemical-resistant dual automatic bleeder valves
- Radiant glass cover for excellent chemical resistance and additional heating for faster drying
- Independent timers for both heat and run
- PTFE tubing & deep PTFE-coated chamber and vapor pathway for superior chemical resistance and easy cleaning
Savant™ SpeedVac™ High Capacity Concentrators
Optimize evaporation with Thermo Scientific™ Savant™ SpeedVac™ High Capacity Concentrators. With three selectable heating levels, these concentrators are ideal for aqueous and organic solvents.
- Large rotor selection to accommodate a variety of tube sizes and types
- PTFE coated chamber provides long lasting durability against harsh solvents
- Automatic bleeder valve automatically provides vacuum at the beginning of a run and bleeds chamber to atmospheric pressure at the end of a run
- Radiant cover maximizes evaporation/sublimation rates (optional)
SPD1010 and SPD2010 Integrated SpeedVac™ Systems
Dry and concentrate aqueous or non-aggressive samples with speed and cost-efficiency using Thermo Scientific™ SPD1010 and SPD2010 Integrated SpeedVac™ Systems. These compact, quiet systems are designed for fast installation, programming, and operation. They are ideal for drying DNA/RNA precipitates in plates or tubes, PCR samples in water/ethanol or isopropanol, and drying oligonucleotides.
- Plug and play installation: no tubing connections with concentrator, oil-free vacuum pump and cold trap all in one unit
- Ramp rate and vacuum control enhance mixed solvent evaporation and eliminate solvent bumping
- Reduced-length vapor path from concentrator to refrigerated vapor trap accelerates evaporation
- SPD1010 holds 0.5 to 100mL flasks, and shallow-well microplates SPD2010 holds 1.5 to 500mL flasks, and shallow-well and deep-well microplates