Cobe Spectra ( Therapeutic and Collection)
- Advance Microprocessor control system Allows customization of procedures to fit needs of both operator & donor/patient without compromising safety.
- Both Single & Dual Needle Procedures Possible.
- Continuous Flow Technology collects Whole Blood – separates blood components – retains required components & returns the rest components(with appropriate replacement fluid depending on procedure). Variable g-force produced by the centrifuge speed allows for more distinct separation of cells.
- Procedures adjustable to all size & weight patient(including pediatric)/donor types(with small-to-large total blood volume or TBV).
- Low Extra-Corporeal Volume(ECV < 170ml/min) allows for procedures to be used on even small sized donor/patients.
- Wide Range of In-let Flow rates gives the flexibility to run faster procedures and accommodate even small sized patients/donors.
- Automatic Anticoagulant (AC) Management i.e automatically controls the amount of anticoagulant (AC) delivered to the patient or donor based on patient/donor’s height, weight, and sex & thereby maximizes donor safety. The AC Flow rate can be adjusted between 0.8-1.2ml/min/L of TBV.
- Rapid disposable loading, automatic Prime, Yeild Estimator, predictable collection and exchange results, clear alarm explanations and automatic Rinse-back.
The combination of technology, process control and sophisticated software allows for versatile apheresis and cell therapy use throughout your blood center, hospital, or blood bank.
Standard Application Protocols:
Cobe Spectra Provides wide variety of procedures/protocols in one(1) single Platform:
- Platelet Collection(Leuko-reduced/delpleted)
- Therapeutic Plasma Exchange(TPE)
- Peripheral Blood Stem Cell(PBSC) Collection in Automated method
- RBC Exchange(RBCX)
- RBC Depletion
- Platelet Depletions
- WBC Depletion
- Lympho-plasma Exchange(LPE)
- Granulocyte Collection
- Mononuclear Cell Collection
- Polymorphonuclear(PMN) Cell Collection
- Bone Marrow Processing
- PLT Collection:
- Possibility to Collect Single/Double/Triple Dose of PLT(3.5 x 106 per dose) from a Single Donor(depending on Donor PLT Count).
- LRS Technology to reduce WBC during Procedure. The Log reduction of WBC is upto “Log 3” i.e. the collected PLT will have less than 1 x 106 WBC. The consistency of WBC reduction is 99.9%
- Detects RBC Spill-overs & returns RBC to donor to protect the purity of collected PLT..
- Plasma may be collected simultaneously during a platelet collection procedure. The collected Plasma is also Leuko-reduced
- Therapeutic Plasma Exchange(TPE) Procedure:
- Automatic Procedures with minimum Operator Intervention & Operator Flexibility
- Customizable procedure allows procedures to be tailored to specific patient needs.
- Centrifuge speed and flow rates are automatically balanced for optimal plasma removal and minimal PLT & RBC loss during TPE.
- PBSC(Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Collection):
- Automatic collection minimizes need to monitor & make adjustments during procedure. Automation results in Consistent Product Purity & improved Product safety with minimal operator intervention.
- Dual Stage Technology reduces PLT Loss + Reduces contamination of product by RBC, PLT & Granulocytes.
- Allows product to be visible & assessed for Sampling during collection
- Donor Safety Parameters:
- Excellent safety parameters to protect donor/patient during or after procedure.
- Can set maximum Blood Volume to be depleted per-Donor/patient during or for procedure. For example: if you set max. removal of 15% of TBV, instrument will stop collection if removed TBV exceeds this limit any time.
- Warning if post-Procedure donor PLT is expected to be under 100,000 PLT/μL or if the Total collected PLT or Plasma exceeds the total required volume. This allows the operator to reduce the expected yield & protect the donor.
- The process control in the system monitors pump rates, fluid balances, volumes, and AC management for enhanced safety.
Quality standard: FDA certified
Learn More: https://www.terumobct.com/COBE-Spectra